List of 100+ Top Psychology Research Topics to Write On
Do you want to know what psychology research topics are on trend right now?
It's no secret that psychology is one of the most fascinating and trendy fields of study around. Every year, new psychological studies are released that spark conversation among students and professionals alike.
As a psychology student, you're likely interested in the latest research developments in your field. But keeping track of all the latest studies can be daunting. There are simply too many to keep up with.
Fortunately, we've compiled a list of over 100 of the most trending topics in psychology right now that you can use to write a research paper. From social media and mindfulness to social phenomena and global issues, this list has something for everyone.
So if you're looking to write a unique and interesting term paper, read on for our top picks.
How To Choose Good Psychology Research Topics?
Here are some tips for choosing the perfect topic for your psychology research:
- Look at the specific field of psychology you need to write on. It could be social psychology, abnormal psychology, cognitive psychology, or such. Understanding your field first will help you focus your brainstorming session.
- Brainstorm ideas that might interest you.
- Keep your reader’s interest in mind too. Hence, it is better to choose a topic that is current and trending.
- Scour various sources to find inspiration. Read journals, articles, publications, and search the internet to find a topic you like.
- Make sure your topic is neither too broad nor too narrow. A broad topic will overwhelm you with a lot of information to cover. A narrow topic will not give you enough information to write about.
- Conduct preliminary research on the topic to see if you have enough material available already.
(back to top)
Psychology Research Topics for Students
Here, we’ve compiled a list of interesting psychology research paper topics for students of different academic levels. Read below to find a topic that interests you and makes you passionate to start researching.
Psychology Research Topics for High School Students
- Why Do Children Want to Do Things They are Told Not to Do?
- The Psychological Effects of Terrorism on Children
- Social Isolation and Anxiety in Teens
- The Link Between Depression and Physical Illness
- Effective Ways to Change Habits
- How to Cope with Loss?
- Effect of Parent’s Divorce on Children’s Development
- Increased Trend of Drug Abuse in the Youth
- Effect of Violent Video Games on Character Building of Children
- Obesity is a Mental Illness. Discuss.
Psychology Research Topics for College Students
- The Effect of Hate Crimes on the Society
- Why do People Lie?
- Can Mental Illnesses be Passed Down Through Generations?
- What Makes an Eating Disorder a Mental Illness?
- What Impact Does a Miscarriage Have on the Couple's Mental Health?
- Effective Treatments for Dementia
- How to Help Children Cope With Learning Disabilities?
- How to Identify Autism in a Person?
- The Effects of Introversion on the Personalities of Individuals
- The Effects of Extraversion on the Personalities of Individuals
(back to top)
Psychology Research Topics on Social Media
Social media psychology research investigates the psychological effects of social media use.
Look at these excellent topics for psychology research related to social media:
- The Influence of Social Media in Building Popular Opinions
- How Do the Psychological States Like Loneliness Affect How Much Time We Spend Using Social Media Platforms Each Day?
- Does Social Media Contribute to Depression or Anxiety Disorders?
- The Psychological Effects of Having Friends Who Post Frequently Versus Those Who Don't Post Often At All
- How Does Social Media Affect Our Relationships?
- The Influence of Social Media on the Behaviors of People
- "Screen time" and Its Effects on Mental Health
- How Does Social Media Affect Body Image and Self-Esteem?
- The Pros and Cons of Using Social Media for Communication
- Discuss Social Media as a Causal Factor in Increased Teenage Suicide Rates
(back to top)
Psychology Research Topics on COVID-19
The recent pandemic brought about by COVID-19 shook the world in more ways than one. Our lifestyles, work processes, and mental health were all greatly affected. Hence, COVID-19 makes for an interesting current topic to write a research paper on.
Here are some topics to write a good psychology research paper on COVID-19:
- The Increased Cases of Stress and Depression During COVID-19 Lockdown
- Effective Coping Mechanisms for Isolation Due to Lockdown
- How to Motivate Workers in a Work from Home Scenario?
- Rise in Mental Health Awareness During COVID-19
- How Did the Pandemic Promote a Sense of Collective Well-Being Among People?
- Psychological Distress on Front-Line Medical Workers in COVID-19
- Role of Social Media in Mediating Depression During COVID-19
- Significance of Health Psychology in the Pandemic
- Psychological Effects of Transition to Remote Learning on Students
- Increased Shopping Behavior During COVID-19
(back to top)
Social Psychology Research Topics
Social psychology research investigates the way that people interact with each other and establish themselves in society.
Following is a list of social psychology research topics that would make for a compelling paper:
- The Effects of Modern Society on Mental Health
- The Psychological Effects of Group Membership on Individual Behavior
- The Societal Stereotypes Regarding What Makes Someone Attractive
- Studying Attachment Theory in Context of Adult Romantic Relationships
- How Prejudice and Discrimination Affect Psychological Well-Being
- Significance of Applied Social Psychology
- What Happens to Our Psychological States When We Face Death?
- Discuss the Attitudes Toward Immigration Reform Policy Changes in the U.S.
- The Prevalence of Gender Stereotypes in Society and How They Shape Our Perceptions
- How Do We Form Impressions About Others Based Upon Their Appearance?
(back to top)
Experimental Psychology Research Topics
Experimental psychology is a branch of psychology that uses experimental methods to study behavior and mental processes.
We’ve compiled some unique prompts for your experimental psychological research paper. Have a look below:
- Examining the Changes in Memory Processes with Age
- Sleep Deprivation and Its Effects on Cognitive Performance
- Discuss Some Reliability and Validity Issues in Psychological Research Testing
- Explain Some Effective Research Designs for a Psychological Study
- Testing the Link Between Music Tastes and Personality
- Memory in Men and Memory in Women
- Effect of Colors on Our Moods
- Deduce Whether Taking Breakfast in the Mornings Increases Productivity During the Day or Not
- How Likely is a Person to Conform to a Group's Viewpoints?
- Examining Employee Productivity and Motivation Under Different Physical Work Conditions
(back to top)
Clinical Psychology Research Topics
Clinical psychology is another branch of psychology that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.
Following are some great clinical psychology topics to research:
- The Significance of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Best Rehabilitation Methods for Drug Addicts
- Causes and Effects of Insomnia
- The Increased Risk Rates of Alzheimer's in Old People
- Discuss the Effectiveness of Anti-Depressants
- The Effects of Psychological Disorders on Physical Health
- Discuss the Repercussions of Abusive Relationships in the Long Run
- What are Some Risk Factors for Chronic Stress?
- Effect of Childhood Trauma on Adulthood
- Examine the Effectiveness of Stellate Ganglion Block as a Treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
(back to top)
Criminal Psychology Research Topics
Criminal psychology research is concerned with understanding the psychological factors that contribute to criminal behavior.
Here is a list of some interesting criminal psychology topics to write about:
- The Role of Genetics in Criminal Behavior
- Impact of Childhood Abuse on Later Criminality
- The Effects of Poverty and Deprivation in Inducing Criminal Behavior
- Factors that Influence Juvenile Crimes
- The Causes and Consequences of School Shootings
- Studying the Relation Between Antisocial Personality Disorder and Criminal Behavior
- Examine Crimes Empowered by Religious Beliefs
- Causes and Effects of Hate Crimes
- A Psychological Examination of Ted Bundy
- Discuss the Weaknesses of the AMBER Alert System
(back to top)
Forensic Psychology Research Topics
Forensic psychology research is concerned with the application of psychological principles to legal issues. This can include working with criminal offenders and providing them treatment and assessment services.
A forensic psychologist also conducts research on crime scene investigations, eyewitness testimony, and offender profiling.
Following are some topics for your forensic psychology research paper:
- The Significance of Psychological Profiling to Identify Criminals
- Factors Affecting the Reliability of Eyewitness Testimony
- The Effectiveness of Psychological Treatments for Criminals
- How Psychological Factors Affect Jury Decision Making
- How Has Media Aided in the Spread of Copycat Crimes?
- What Factors Can Deduce an Evidence as Unreliable?
- Discuss the Eligibility of the Testimony From an Under-Influence Eyewitness
- The Psychological Effects of a Career in Law Enforcement
- Effective Investigative Interviewing Techniques
- What is the Importance of Correctional Psychology? Are Such Correctional Programs Effective?
(back to top)
Developmental Psychology Research Topics
Developmental psychology is the study of the development of personality traits, cognition, and emotion in individuals. It studies how these affect their mental processes and behaviors.
Check out the following prompts for a compelling developmental psychology research paper:
Personality Psychology Research Topics
- Psychology of Personality Disorders
- Critically Analyze Carl Jung’s Personality Theory
- Discuss the Traits vs. States Approach to Personality
- Methods for Measuring Personality
- Can the Big Five Factors of Personality Model Predict Behaviors? If So, How Effectively?
- Compare and Contrast Freud and Erikson’s Theories of Psychoanalysis
- Is it True that First-Born Children are More Responsible, Whereas Last-Born Children are Less Responsible? Discuss.
- How are traits like Altruism and Heroism Linked to Attributes like Compassion, Generosity, and Empathy?
- People with Similar Personality Traits Have Similar Music Tastes. Discuss.
- What are Some of the Ways That Youngsters are Taught to be Violent?
Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
- The Nature of Intelligence
- Intelligence Testing and Assessment Techniques
- Cognitive Development Across the Lifespan of a Person
- Discuss the Relation Between Learning and Memory
- Ways to Improve Attention and Concentration
- Examine the Language Learning Process in Children
- Factors that Affect the Development of Opinions in an Early Age
- Sensory Information Processing Stages
- Is it Possible to Quantify Critical Thinking?
- What are the Effects of Speech Impairments on Children?
(back to top)
Educational Psychology Research Topics
Educational psychology has been a rapidly growing area of research in recent years. Psychologists have begun to realize the importance of psychological factors in educational settings.
Some trending educational psychology research topics are as follows:
- The Role of Cognitive Processes in Learning
- The Impact of Psychological Factors on Academic Achievement
- How Psychological Processes Affect Student Motivation and Engagement
- The Impact of Imposed Academic Expectations on a Child
- How Do Psychological Factors Affect Our Ability to Learn?
- Effective Teaching Methods for Dyslexic Students
- The Effect of Self-esteem on Academic Success
- Studying the Relation Between Music and Cognitive Development in Children
- How to Effectively Induce Motivation for Learning in Students?
- A Case Study of Impact of ‘No Homework Policy’ on Students’ Learning and Performance in Finland
(back to top)
Sports Psychology Research Topics
Sports psychology is the study of how psychological factors affect sports performance. This field of research covers a variety of topics, such as motivation, stress management, and self-confidence.
Here are some easy psychology research topics for your sports psychology paper:
- The Psychology of Winning and Losing
- How to Deal with Stress and Anxiety in Sports
- The Role of Mental Toughness in Sport
- Developing a Successful Mindset for Athletes
- Does Partake in Sports at a Young Age Help Develop Social and Emotional Stability in Later Life?
- Do Athletes Driven by a Desire to Improve Outperform Those Driven by a Desire to Win?
- Effective Ways to Block Out the Crowd and Cheers When Focusing on Your Play
- Team Building Exercises for Better Cohesion and Improved Collective Productivity
- How to Cope with Competitiveness?
- Ways for Maintaining a Balance Between Personal and Athletic Life
So, what is a psychology research paper? And more importantly, how do you choose a good topic for your research project? We covered some of the basics in this blog post. We also gave you some interesting psychology research topics to write about. You can find other research paper topics as well, if you want to write about other topics.
However, if you need more help getting started, reach out to TheEssayWritingService.com. We are a professional essay writing service with experienced writers. With the help of our expert academic writers, you can produce a high-quality psychology research paper. Their assistance will surely get you the top grades you’re seeking.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact us today to submit your paper writing request.Place your order at affordable rates and get your paper delivered before your deadlines.